Welcome to the Puget Sound Region!
We are the most populous region by number of chapters and competitors in the State of Washington serving over 34 active chapters and 750 students and advisers. Our region is bordered by South Tacoma, Puget Sound, Canada, and the Cascade Mountains. As such, we have 3 coordinators to serve you and your chapters: Adam Scroggins, Joani Bishop, and Terri Bravomejia. While we each have specialties we bring to the region, you are more than welcome to contact any of us.
Notes on Competitions:
Regarding Regional Level Contests, individuals may participate in more than one contest. A student may compete in (4) Leadership Development Contests or Occupationally Related Contests. Individuals may participate in as many Technical Contest that fit their schedule (Note: In the event the individual qualifies for state in multiple technical contests, they will have to choose (1) to compete in at state)
Regarding State Level Contests, individuals may participate in more than one contest. A student may compete in up to three contests. (1) Technical Science Contest and either (2) Leadership Development Contests or (2) Occupationally Related Contests. If not participating in a Skill Contest, individuals may participate in a combination of 3 leadership and occupationally related contests. Individuals may participate in only one Technical Contest.
Region Events for 2017-2018:
The following are the regional contests that have been officially announced and provided to the Puget Sound Region coordinators. Please note that this list includes the competition name, date, location and point of contact. Look for more information on these contests in the coming weeks. To view the detailed contest announcements please visit (https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1AY6Xcj1q_DSDk3cy1WU2ZpTUk?usp=sharing) where you can view the documents.
Regional Leadership Conference and Contest:
RSVP Deadline January 19th – Pierce County Skills Center – Saturday, February 3rd — 8:30am Sign-in to 1:00
Please Contact Adam Scroggins for registration information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Regional Technical Skills Contests:
- Leadership Contest – RSVP Deadline January 19th – Pierce County Skills Center – Saturday, February 3rd — 8:30am Sign-in to 1:00 – POC: Adam Scroggins – email@example.com
- Commercial Baking – RSVP Deadline 1/3/2018 – Oak Harbor High School – Saturday, January 13, 2018 – 8am to 2pm – POC: Mary Arthur – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Motorcycle Service – Tahoma High School – January 13, 2018 – 1pm to 4pm – POC: Luke Thompson email@example.com
- Power Equipment – Tahoma High School – January 13, 2018 – 9am to Noon – POC: Luke Thompsonlthompso@tahomasd.us
- State Pin & Program Cover Design – Submissions due January 26 – POC: Terri Lufkin – firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in participating in or hosting a contest not listed above, contact me ASAP so we can get the information out. If you are currently planning a contest, please fill out the contest announcement template and verify\replace all of the red text with your contest’s information. All contests need to be completed prior to February 1st and reported to Adam Scroggins